Norbeck Montessori Social Studies Classes for Rockville Students
Preschool- and kindergarten-aged children are naturally curious individuals with an innate love for learning. Dr. Maria Montessori understood this concept, and spent her life developing a comprehensive curriculum designed to help children thrive in academia. Part of this curriculum involves a strong focus on social studies, exposing children to the different people, places, and belief systems around the world.
At Norbeck Montessori, we are committed to helping your child learn social studies in a way that’s fun and easy to understand. Using the time-tested Montessori curriculum, our team will help prepare your child for lifelong academic success.
Come visit our Rockville preschool by calling 301-924-4233 to schedule a tour today!
Rockville Social Studies Classes for Preschool & Kindergarten Students
Social studies focus on social science and the humanities, including history and geography. These concepts can be quite challenging for small children to understand as they are forced to think outside themselves and conceptualize the reality of our large and varied world. Our team helps present social studies in a way that is easily digestible and understandable by breaking down these concepts into two main parts:
- Geography: Our skilled educators introduce students first to the larger concept of the world, then guide them through more detailed concepts, such as land and water formations, individual cultures, continental maps, capitals, flags, and more.
- History: The passage of time can be an incredibly difficult idea for young children to grasp. Norbeck Montessori takes time to break this concept down into easily understandable materials, such as months, days, and hours. From there, we teach students how to tell time and apply these concepts to the broader context of history.
Exposing children to different cultures, geographies, and historical events is an essential part of their development and ultimate understanding of the world around them. By teaching your child about social studies now, they will be better prepared for future learning experiences as they continue through their academic career. Find out more about our social studies curriculum by calling Norbeck Montessori at 301-924-4233 today.
What Makes Social Studies at Norbeck Montessori Different Than Other Schools?
Learning in a Montessori school is inherently different than at other preschools. When you enroll your child at Norbeck Montessori, you’ll be able to tell the difference right away through the following distinguishing features:
- Our Qualifications: Each of our instructors holds the highest certification available in the Montessori rankings and is exceptionally qualified to teach children aged 2 to 6.
- Our Staff: Not only do our teachers hold the highest educational qualifications, but our educators have all been with our school for years with very little turnover at our institution.
- Our Values: We are family-owned and -operated, and each of our programs is backed by the long-standing values of Montessori’s time-honored curricula and focus on the whole child.
Our instructors carefully observe the individual needs and interests of each child, using this information to develop an individualized learning plan that fosters real learning and retention. We don’t lecture children: We guide them into real learning through our personalized approach.
See the difference in action by calling 301-924-4233 to tour Norbeck Montessori today!
Norbeck Montessori School for Rockville’s Rising Star Students
For years, Montessori education has been proven to better prepare children for lifelong academic success. By introducing your child to social studies in a way that’s understandable and enjoyable, our teachers will help them access a better understanding of the world around them. Ready for your Rockville student to become an academic rising star?
Call Norbeck Montessori at 301-924-4233 to learn more about the enrollment process today.